Friday, 3 January 2014

Dante's Answer: Part II

By Rory A.A. Hinton

Black And White













"...since from this abyss none has returned alive, if what I hear is true, without fear of infamy I answer you." (Dante, Inferno, XXVII 61-66)

II: Spurned

Black Dream disclosing pathology.
“Fodder for a paper in psychology.” 
Inhaling the night-time lore.
I don’t smoke cigars any-more.

White Question asked as a wish:
“Tell me, are you ticklish?” 
Beauty-Marked hand on line.
Unleash the power of Dasein.

Black Secrets no one can see.
“It’s alright. You can tell me.”
Taking someone at their word?
The Theatre Of The Absurd.

White Curiosity kept alive.
“Bitch wants to know about 35."
Disclosure and consensuality.
Condemnation? Inconsistency.

Black Docs rejected as rough.
“The heels are not high enough.” 
Deviant healing power.
Trust the awakening hour.

White Novel read without regret.
“I know that you will get it.” 
Reading into all that they do.
Picasso's “art is a lie" is true.

Black Gifts given in literary bliss.
“You have to stop doing this.” 
Henry Miller’s original sinn?
Wherefore art thou, Anaïs Nin?

White Calf so wild and meek.
“Is this a friend I can keep?” 
This staff stands second to none.
Despised. Rejected. Angry. Undone.

Black Reason for hesitation.
“Concerned over habilitation."
As furious as glad.
Timing was bad.

White Accusation about a Subject.
“You turned me into an Object.” 
Clothing worn within her mind.
Objectifying him from behind.

Black Claim contradicting the free.
“You broke trust with me.” 
Foucault’s question is a must:
Which ‘discourse of trust’?

White Trust not broken.
"Floored when spoken."
Live and learn.
Never spurn.