Sunday, 28 June 2015

Measured Tension


"Yes, Ms. Francon."















"She heard, in the measured tension of his words, that it was harder for him to speak them than for her to listen. So she listened. 'You must learn not to be afraid of the world. Not to be held by it as you are now. Never to be hurt by it as you were in that courtroom. I must let you learn it. I can't help you. You must find your own way. When you have, you'll come back to me. They won't destroy me, Dominique. And they won't destroy you. You'll win, because you've chosen the hardest way of fighting for your freedom from the world. I'll wait for you. I love you. I'm saying this now for all of the years we will have to wait. I love you, Dominique.' Then he kissed her and let her go." (The Fountainhead, pp. 376-377).

Sources
Ayn Rand. The Fountainhead. Signet. 1952